Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Simple Kitchen Wall

So I decided to tackle my kitchen wall. I had big plans for a big clock on that wall. Here's the idea of what the plan was...

I found this idea off of someone else's blog and pretty much loved it. But it's a really bold thing to do. And I'm not sure I'm ready to decorate like that. I wanted to replace the art work with family photos so it would be kinda like a picture wall. I might end up doing it at some point in the future. For now though...I think the idea is really neat. If anyone out there is brave enough to do it pleas post pics! I would LOVE to see how it turns out!

So I stuck with my usual type of decorating instead and kept it simple. Here's how it turned out:


Not nearly as cool, but it's functional and has the family photos that I wanted. And it's something that feels "safe" to me. Plus it was super easy to do! lol!
I still need to print out a "Menu" to go on the cork board. I'm also going to find some decorative things to hang on the coat hooks. Next month I would put some sort of Birthday-crafty-thing since it's Michelle's Birthday Month. Then for July I would go patriotic, August would be all about Summer and Swimming, and so on. I just haven't gotten quite that far yet.
So there is it! My super simple, but totally "my style" kitchen wall.

No comments: