Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Obama Speech

This is his speech, addressing America, about Osama bin Laden's death. A lot of people have been commenting on Obama's remarks here. I have read countless comments about Obama taking credit for Osama's death. Let me first be VERY clear- I'm not an Obama fan. He was definitely not my first choice as president. However, I'm having a hard time seeing what everyone is talking about. I didn't hear the part where he says "I did it! It was me! Yeah me!" lol! While he does use the word "I" a lot at the beginning, he is the commander in chief. He did do all the things he says he did. I don't think that was him trying to take undue credit, it was just the process that always happens. No matter who the president is. And, personally, I think he credits our military advisors and service men very well. Do I think this is an "Obama victory"? No, and he says, in this very speech, that it's more then that and even more then an American one. Maybe I'm way off base here... what do you think?

No comments: