Monday, May 9, 2011

Names

I am SO glad I'm only 18 weeks along! Bryan and I still have so much to get done before this baby gets here! I have the room cleaned out and ready for new baby furniture, but no furniture to put into it! I also have all of Michelle's old clothes saved and stored so I can reuse them. However, I didn't organize them very well, so the clothes I'm going to need first are in the back and on the bottom of the boxes that we have stored. To be honest though I'm not really stressed about any of that stuff right now. I know I have a ton of time to get all of that ready. My main worry?? The name! Bryan and I had Michelle's name picked out and decided on within weeks of finding out we were having a baby. We knew a definite girls name (Michelle Lynne- obviously) and a definite boys name (we're still saving this name for our first boy). This time, however... *sigh* girls names are hard. lol! I REALLY want to keep the names as family names. And I would love it if one name came from my side and one name came from his side. I know a lot of people have told me that this is a silly way to pick a name and that I'm limiting myself too much, but I just really love the idea of having the name be 1/2 me and 1/2 Bryan, just like our baby will be! Bryan doesn't feel as strongly about this though... So the names we've cycled through and through again are:

Tina- My aunt who I love and can't wait to see again in heaven some day!
Jennifer- Bryan's cousin who we both adore!
Megan- Bryan swears he has a cousin named Megan somewhere... we were obviously getting desperate for options.
Rachel- Not family at all, but my two best friends growing up were both named Rachel.
Kaylen or Kahlen- A name we liked, but had no relation to other then the fact that the second spelling was the name of a character out of one of Bryan's books.
Alexis- ... just a name we liked... mainly so we could call her Alex.
Kristen- again, just a name we liked.

So we go back and forth through these names trying to add second names to them- which is a whole other issue! And then occasionally add a name or take one off the list. And by "occasionally" I mean at least once a day. The way we are going I honestly don't think we'll have a name picked out before she gets here! lol! OH, and that's the other thing. As of 12 weeks the sonographer said my baby looked like a girl, but we really don't even know for sure yet! If it turns out to be a boy then this whole name issue is instantly solved! "Yeah!" But it starts a whole new issue of- Everything we have is pink! lol! We'll just have to wait and see what our big issue is going to be! I find out for sure on May 31! I CAN NOT WAIT!

No comments: