Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ode to February

This month has been a pretty memorable one and it's not even over! It started out full of laughs, got a little stressful, and has me looking back at the past year in a whole new light. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though... here's what's been going on-
Bryan finally "let" me buy some bows for Michelle! I can't stand how cute she is with a bow in her hair, so, naturally, I put all the bows in her hair just to try them out!

She's such a girl- gettin' her hair did while talking on the phone!

We also went out for a big family dinner- just the three of us (lol). Every year for Christmas Bryan's Grandma Neva gives us gift cards to go out to eat. Well, for the past three years she's given us gift cards to Red Lobster. Bryan and I love his grandma to death and just didn't have the heart to tell her that we hate red lobster. So we have been sitting on these gift cards and finally decided to try and give them to someone who would use them. So we asked Justin if he wanted them, and he enlightened us to the fact that Red Lobster gift cards were also good at Olive Garden. And coincidentally, we love Olive Garden! So we packed Michelle up and headed out to have a big family dinner! Michelle even had a whole bread stick!

A while ago I made some bumpers for Michelle's crib. I underestimated how much ribbon I would need to tie the bumpers down though and only had enough to tie the side bumpers. One day I walked in to find that Michelle had, not only thrown her top bumper down near her feet, but she was also pulling on her side bumper to look out at the room. I couldn't help leaving her that way for a few seconds to catch a few pictures.


Michelle has 4 teeth now! Her top front teeth and two of her bottom front teeth! Grandma got a cool ice cream tooth brush for Michelle to play with and would you believe she knew exactly what to do with it?! I swear, she's so stinking smart!
Here's the portion of the month that has been causing the stress. Once again, we're house hunting! We've found a few that we really like and have made our first offer on our favorite one. We'll keep everyone posted, but to be totally honest I expect it to be a little while before anything really becomes official one way or the other.
Well, since we made our offer I've been thinking about what it's going to be like to live in our own house. At first all I could think about was how nice it's going to be to have our own place and not have to schedule laundry days, or shower times. But the more I've been thinking about it the more things I realize I'm really going to miss...
Michelle will have to save her piano playing sessions for the visits to grandmas. And we won't have Daniel around to play for her when she's crabby. I've always been amazed at how calmly she'll sit and listen while Daniel plays.
And we'll definitely miss Uncle Ryan! I'm not sure why, but Michelle thinks he's so fun!
And I have to say that I'm going to miss not having to cook every night, and the company of my family every day. It's going to be pretty lonely 4 nights a week while Bryan's at school! Plus, after a long night last night Michelle woke up super early this morning, and who came to my rescue? Grandma! Thanks mom for playing with Michelle so I could sleep a little more! So, I hope the relator's take their time looking over our offer. I'm not in as big of a hurry as I thought I was.

OH- and just in case you were wondering why I didn't post a "Snow Day" post...
Michelle wasn't too into it to say the least.
We did get her to smile for one of the thirteen pictures we took though!
I think it turned out pretty cute, don't you?

No comments: