Friday, June 10, 2011

It's a Love/Hate Relationship

Recently Bryan and I have been looking for ways to save money. One of the ways we came up with is to switch from AT&T or Cingular (whatever it's called right now) to Sprint. We'd end up saving about $50/month. I REALLY don't want to switch though. Here's why- I LOVE my phone!! I have the Sony Ericsson Cyber Shot:

Only mine is silver. Anyway, it's a perfect phone for me! It does everything I want a phone to do (talk, text, and, even though I don't use it- it still makes me feel like someone would be able to find me if anything awful happened, GPS). AND it's an awesome camera!! That was my number one requirement for my phone. I wanted it to be able to be a basic phone, and have an amazing camera. This phone takes 8.1 mega-pixel pictures! It zooms, it does black and white, sepia, it does video and even has different modes (night time, action, portrait, etc.)! So I get GREAT pictures off of this phone. After I get them loaded onto the computer they're actually better then the pics I take with my regular camera. That's also where my problem comes in. I HATE loading pic from my pone to the computer! It's supposed to be able to do it automatically through snapfish, but that requires the internet and I don't pay for a media package. So I have to do it the old fashion way of uploading from my memory card. This is where the issue comes in. My phone uses an itsy-bitsy-teeny-tiny Sandisk M2. It doesn't fit into any printer or PC so you have to put it into a "converter" or "adapter" or whatever they're called! But for whatever reason mine never works! I always have to try 3 or 4 times to get it to fit into the computer right and then half the time the computer says that the memory card is blank! Yes, I have looked and looked for a cord or something that I can hook up straight from my phone to the computer. It doesn't exist.
So I LOVE my phone because it takes these awesome pics and does everything I want it to do, and I HATE my phone because I can't get the pics off of it!
...
Thanks for listening to my current rant of frustration!

No comments: