Thursday, October 29, 2009

What Time Is It?!

Michelle has a very predictable schedule.

"I'm ready for bed at 8:00. I'll eat a bottle and nurse for 20min. I usually fall asleep halfway through nursing, but will keep eating while I drift in and out of sleep. I'm usually in my crib, and totally asleep by 8:30. Mom and Dad come to bed around 10:30, but I never wake up when they come in. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper. I'll stay asleep until 2:00am when Mom has to get up and feed me. I go right back asleep and don't wake up again until 5:30 or 6:00. This time I just need someone to come cover me back up because I kick my covers off through the night. Once I'm covered I'll fall back asleep until 7:30 when it's time for everyone to get up!"

She has had this schedule since she was a month old. Without fail- this was her schedule.

Then, one night last week, I woke up at 4:00am and realized Michelle hadn't woken me up yet. I panicked a little and went to check on her. When I got to her crib this is what I saw:


And she stayed that way until 6:00am! I couldn't believe it! All on her own she started sleeping through the night! Now, before you go getting all jealous you should know- this only lasted a week! The last two nights she has woken up at random times wanting to eat. I'm not sure if I should just let her fuss, or if she's going through a growth spurt and really needs to eat, but man... I sure do miss last week!

No comments: