Friday, September 11, 2009

Lots to Catch Up On

Well there's a lot of blogging that I have been wanting to do, but I haven't gotten around to it. So- now that Michelle is down for her long morning nap- I'll do it now! First I want to wish my dad a very happy birthday. Dad turned...well, another year older (but is still surprisingly young to be a grandpa with two grandchildren) on September 7th. We didn't do a whole lot for his birthday, but, in our defence, every time we asked "what do you want?" or "what kind of cake do you want to have?" or "what would you like to do?" we got "oh, I don't know." or "I'm not sure, let me think about it." We did have cake though- actually we still have cake. We got a HUGE red velvet cheese cake from the Cheesecake Factory. It's delish! And we made sure dad got to make a birthday wish by blowing out the candles...err, candle.
Bryan and I got him the perfect card! It had a little note from "your daughter", "your son-in-law", and "your grandchild" already on the card. All we had to do was sign it!

Since Michelle is still too little to write her name, or even hold a pen while I move her hand to write her name, we put her hand print in the card. It turned out really well, I think.


Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: