Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Michelle

I'm not sure what it was about this birthday but I really wanted it to be special for Michelle. Maybe it's the "I have two kids now and can't give you all the attention I used to" guilt. Or, maybe it's because of all the awesome birthday inspiration there is on Pinterest. Whatever the reason, I had made up my mind that Michelle would get an awesome birthday this year! 

To start her day off right Bryan and I blew up a bunch of balloons and strung them up right out side her door. That way when she woke up the next morning she would know, right away, that today was going to be awesome!



Both girls thought it was pretty fun.


Michelle had a full morning of playing and being crazy with her Dad, and since we were expecting to see a lot of family that afternoon we decided to have a quick tub before nap time. Michelle thought that was SO fun! I really don't understand why this bath was so much cooler then her normal baths, but to her, it was pretty much amazing.


The original plan for her party was to meet at Celebration Park in Allen and claim two pick-nic tables for all of her party stuff. I even called a few weeks in advance to reserve the tables, but after finding out that it was going to cost $80/hour with a two hour minimum- we opted to take our chances. Well, it turned out that everyone and their grandma decided to do the exact same thing! I'm glad I got there early to set up because, not only was every singe pavillion and table taken, but there were people popping up card tables, and folding chairs to set up even more birthday parties! IT. WAS. NUTS. So I called my mom and, being the amazing mom that she is, she got her house cleaned up super-fast and let us hold the party there. 


While, Michelle was pretty bummed about not being able to go to the "swimming park" (that's what she calls it), she got over it pretty quick once she saw her cake and all the other rainbow stuff we had set up and ready for her.


Plus, I think it put everyone in a better mood to be inside in the AC rather then outside in the 101* weather. (Gotta love Texas summers!) 




Yep, she got some pretty cool stuff this year! 




Thank you to everyone who came and made Michelle's day so special! She LOVED all of her gifts! I'm pretty sure we play Hi-Ho Cherry-o on a daily basis. She gets so excited to use all of her Color-wonder stuff at church on Sundays, and Play-Doh.... oh what do I say about the play-doh... Michelle sure does love it!


After the cake was cut and food was served everyone hung out and had some good ol' family time! And what would family time be if we didn't snap a picture of me and two of my best friends in the world.


I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on the blog yet, but Michelle has decided that she is going to be a doctor when she grows up. I'm okay with that.


If you're ever feeling down, come see Michelle; she gives the BEST check-ups!


Happy Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!


P.S.- My dad was playing with my camera and took this shot of a few balloons that were still hanging around after the party was over... I thought it was a neat picture.... so I put it on here.... yep.


No comments: