Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ducks don't like Waffles

Today was such a beautiful day. Bryan and I decided that we just couldn't stay inside all day, but we didn't really want to just walk around the neighborhood either. So we grabbed some left over waffles, got dressed and headed to the duck pond. When we got there the ducks were all sleeping so Bryan had to run over and wake them up. (I wish I could have gotten my camera out fast enough to get a picture of that!) Once they were awake and in the water I sat down with Michelle in a nice little shaded area and started tearing up the waffles. Once we had a good portion in little pieces we started throwing them in. I was sitting pretty close to Michelle to make sure that I could shoo the ducks away if they got too close. But would you believe that they weren't even interested?! A few ducks came over and grabbed a few pieces and then spat them right back out! "How Rude!!" Well, we brought a bunch of waffles so we tore the rest of them up and threw them in anyway. (The fish will eat them.) Once the waffles were all gone we took Michelle for a walk around the pond and sat back under a tree to relax for a little bit. We really had a nice time.
Here's a few of my favorite pics from today:



I'm not sure why I like this picture so much... but I do.



Michelle does NOT like to walk on the grass! (Actually she wouldn't even put her foot down. It was pretty funny, if were being honest!)

It was such a beautiful day. We had a lot of fun together just sitting and throwing waffle pieces at the ducks!
Bye Bye Ducks!

1 comment:

Ben and Jessica said...

She IS related to me! Love it.. Love this post. You need to do this updating thing more often. Miss that baby!