Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Amazing!

I can't believe it... Not only were all of those predictors (Chinese Calendars, Wives Tales, and Emily) all pointing to a girl.... but they were RIGHT!

IT'S A GIRL!

Bryan and I are so excited! We already have a name picked out, but after all of the "helpful opinions" we've gotten, we have decided to announce the name AFTER she is born. For anyone else having a baby and pondering names my advice to you is- Once you and your husband have both agreed on a name, and you both like it, Don't Tell Anyone! Everyone will have their stories about "I knew a girl in high school with that name... she was such a slut!" or "My room mate in college was named (your child future name) and man did I hate her." Or the worst responses you could get "Really?" or "So, are you going to call her by a nick name then?" I'm tellin' you some people just don't think before they speak.

So I got on to update my blog around 7:00 and started by looking for a cute baby girl layout. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! I'm not really in love with this one, but I got tired of looking. Then I moved on to finding a cute header. I couldn't find one of those either. So I thought to my self, "How hard could this really be?!" I made my last header, but it was kinda plain. This time I wanted something that I would be impressed with. So I sat down and found a picture of a pregnant lady that I really liked, then I pasted her into paint and started messing around with background colors, designs to make it look neat, different color borders and so far... well, you can see what I have so far. I'm still working on it, but it's 9:00, I've been on the computer for 2 hours, and I'm ready for a bowl of ice cream!

Oh yeah! I gave my dad my sono pics and he's going to see if he can scan them into the computer so I can post them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I'll get to show them off in the next few days!

3 comments:

Ben and Jessica said...

Yeah Rand!! Congrats! I CANNOT believe Emily was right... Fuh-reaky! I'm so excited for you!

Ben and Jessica said...

And p.s. I love the header.. super cute!

*kt* said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see the sono pics! Your header is way cute! I don't think I'd have the patience to figure out how to do it! :) Congrats again!